The 万博体育app下载入口 recognises that there is a need to manage water resources wisely. 它已经发展出一种 水的策略
since 2006 to support the aim of reducing water consumption on campus. This sets out the drivers for reducing water consumption, our targets for reduction 和 a range of water reduction projects. 更多细节可以在 能源和水管理战略
. A full decarbonisation action plan of the estate is being undertaken during 2021 和 further detailed projects will be identified 和 costed.
- 2.5% reduction in water GHGe emissions from consumption against a 2018-19 baseline (22.6 tCO2e)
- A 3% reduction in water consumption expressed relative to the estate floor area, reducing from 6.8 m3/FTE 2017-2018年4月.7m m3/ FTE在2030 - 2031年.
- 绝对用水量减少3%.a. 2019-2030 to 2030-2031, reducing consumption from 60,267 m3 在2018/19年度，将达到41815万人3 by 2030- 2031.
Some examples of how are we going to achieve this target?
In order to achieve our targets, the University will:
- Continue to implement recommendations from water audit reports including reducing shower flow rates, installing low flush toilets 和 displacement devices, installing manual flush on urinals 和 reducing h和 basin tap flow rates.
- Investigate installing external free drinking water fountains for students 和 staff, continue to add more internal drinking water fountains.
Download our full current qualitative 和 quantitative targets 和 progress against targets from 碳管理 & 目标页面.
学生 helped evaluate the impact of water saving measures already installed on campus, 和 provided estates staff with guidance on future refurbishment schemes. A very worthwhile valuable project undertaken by second-year students studying project management. 查看自己的 演讲 的更多信息.
Another student project reviewed the information available about cup washing for students on campus. A new sink for washing re-use Keep Cups was installed as a result. 屋邨的员工“重复使用”了一个水槽, 和 splash back from other halls projects to do this in-house as another example of the 学生会, 工作人员和学生一起工作.